Hello,

I have a very active forum still running under classic 6.7.1 (http://www.wine-pages.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php).

I have just successfully installed 7.5.6 and downloaded the classic_import.php importer.

I am a bit nervous about the next step of trying to import my forums - no discussion here of doing this for over a year and the classic_import.php readme.txt is pretty basic. If someone could briefly clarify/expand on the readme instructions I'd be very grateful:

>> Importin from .classic.

>> Place the classic_import.php script into the importers directory and bring it up in your browser. Follow the instructions to import your classic forum.

That seems easy enough and I have uploaded the script and given all the absolute paths it asks for, but is there anything to be aware of before I go ahead? There was talk in threads here from 2009 about members directory not working properly after import?

Also, whilst it is importing is my original forum disabled.

Also, will my original forum continue to work after import to allow me to tinker before announcing the new software to my users?

>> Redirect Scripts.

>> Edit the $URL in ultimatebb.cgi and put it in place of your original ultimatebb.cgi script.

>> Edit the $URL in ultimatebb.php and put it in place of your original ultimatebb.php script.

I cannot see an "ultimatebb.cgi" script within the root directory of my original (classic 6.7.1) installation, but I can see an "ultimatebb.php". Do I just ignore the instruction to edit the .cgi version or do I find it elsewhere?

When it says "edit" the file, I presume that is to alter the $URL to point to the *directory* containing the new installation?

Many thanks for any help with this