Originally Posted by Ruben
The issue is you are going from a flat file system in classic to a table driven database.
So all the data is taken from static files and written to a database.
So the script has a lot of data to convert.
Since it relies on one simple script. I would assume you are running into connection/timeout issues.
And may need to import chunks at a time.
The member stuff is small potatoes. It is the posts that write huge amounts of bytes to the tables.
If UBB was able to convert for you I would think it is well worth the money.
The typical fee is $99.00 ,I am not sure what you were quoted.

i know exactly what the flat to relational db is all about and it's requirements and methodology.

as to the posts conversion part of the converter script, for it to immediately stop dead and pop up the importer access window, that appears to be more than just having a lotta work to do 'cause it's doing nothing and failing.

this is ubb classic 6.7.1, 35k users, 178 forums, about 2mil topics/posts.

it's already been priced out at way more than 99 bucks, mostly due to the needs of the forum. post conversion requires much work that could never be part of the import, such as styles and banner ads and other essentials. not to mention the essential post conversion testing, 'cause once yer live and find something that doesn't work, yer in a tough spot. and we don't wanna be down more than a day at most.