Well, it's not repeating the original subject, it's repeating the subject they commented to; so say a user changes the topic and someone responds to that, it'd reference that topic...

Pretty annoying unless you're using threaded mode... A hybrid mode would make it a little more sane though...

As for getting rid of it, I think that if you go to scripts/newreply.inc.php find:
Code
		$Subject = "Re: ".$Subject;

Replace with:
Code
	//	$Subject = "Re: ".$Subject;

On another note, i'm not sure why RE isn't in the language files...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!