Thank AVG for sharing your observations.

We have had a robust discussion on the issue in one of the threads on our forum. We, including me, have done some research on the subject as well in terms of forums that engage in more controversial subjects like we do.

Right now, on my wish list is to do a thirty or sixty day experiment doing it so we can make a decision based on what we know rather than what we think we know.

What we do know is that we see a lot a "I agree with" posts that only clutter up threads as opposed to moving them forward toward practical advice. We also see a lot of "Groups" who promote each others advice and also add to the clutter that someone who is looking for help has to wade through.

What I also know is that the vBulletin forums that have the function activated seem to run just fine, at least from my observation. In fact, on one very busy forum which can hit 2,000 posts in a day and which handles a somewhat controversial subject, I have a friend who has posted for years.

He has provided me with enough comment and observation that I am inclined to think it would be an experiment worth trying. I have also been told that some of the folks who buy vB do so for that exact function.

We are not so much interested in the level of activity as we are in the quality and diversity of the advice. We do very well in terms of post activity, so that is not an issue with us.

Larry
www.marriageadvocates.com