Originally Posted by vintagerace
Not sure if this is the place to ask this but when we first signed up with Mindraven a year ago, it, along with UBB was owned by Rick B, correct? I bought domain name hosting, and UBB from Rick, one stop-shopping. Now Mindraven is owned elsewhere as we all aware. Who now owns UBB? Unfortunately we just renewed our domain name and hosting with MindRaven. I'm wondering if it's soon enough we can have that stopped through the credit card company and move our forums & websites elsewhere. But I don't even know who owns UBB now. If I were going to try this I'd need help. I can move my other websites but I don't know how to move the forum.. presumably it's not much different. Anyone care to discuss this with me while our sites are down?
Rick split Mindraven into 3 areas, Hosting, Dedicated Servers, and the UBB; he sold the UBB to UBBSystems, Mindraven he sold elsewhere, and he retains the dedicated server customers.

UBBSystems offers hosting under "Express Hosting".

It'd seem that Mindraven has issue after issue after the move... Keeping a server secure and up to date isn't rocket science, utilities on the server such as "yum" make running updates on a server fairly painless.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!