Bump

Again, how would you set up "co ownership" of a forum in the sates. Partnership or a Corp? I'd think partnership.

In a nutshell, we (our forum) might be very soon come to a point where either we take action or our forum dies.

We're talking about a forum with sentimental value and no real monetary value.

I should have titled this thread "setting up a forum." Because it's more the forum CONTENT and NOTt the name and/or official logos that we're concerned about.

I don't see money, name, disputes among owners being an issue relative to keeping our fourm alive.

The owner may well just give the content to us. As he NEVER wanted to own a forum. Rather he was merely accommodating the wish of a former employee who started our forum.

Mike, thanks again for responding.

Originally Posted by Mike L
I'd deal with him directly and see what he would settle for.

Again, he might well give it to us so that it can continue without him needing to worry about it.

Be sure you get ownership of the domain name and any copyrighted logos as well as the contents of the forum.

Actually i might well just NOT take on the owner's copyrighted logos which cover an enormous amount of other materieals. I don't necessarily want to concern him with how his 25 year old business is being represented after his retirement.

There would be plenty of interest in keeping the forum content alive under a different name. (albeit we'd want to retain what web traffic we now have.)

Lots of variables that will affect the value of the site.

Again, i didn't label this thread well. And our my priorities have changed since this idea was conceived.

Mods, i hope you don't mind me bumping up this thread.

thanks again for all the help,
best regards,

tacks