Originally Posted by alhersch
I am Alan, the not to tech, tech. https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/images/icons/default/confused.gif

We had a web designer build our website, and I use the admin side to put up or take down the advertisement banners and whatever else is needed on the website. I don't know much about the designing of websites or much about using code. I can figure out what I need to do most times, but not this.

When I try to upload the new .gif banners we are trying to use, it gives me an error message that I am using the wrong type of file, but .jpg's don't give me any problem's. I assume this is an issue with the way the website was designed? Can I change this in any way?

Thanks for any help,

Al

Originally Posted by alhersch
That is an awesome piece of advice, and thanks for the quick reply! But, .gif is already enabled where you advised, which is the forum admin. The the guy set it up to upload a banner, I have to go through the homepage admin which is a different admin, and their are no options like that on that admin page.

I hate to ask for more, but i'm still stuck.

Thanks,

Al

To me it sounds like they are using a CMS and trying to go through there. Normally you'd ftp up the images and insert script for banner in an island. If they are using a CMS adjustment need to be made to the CMS software to allow uploads of .gifs there. We all know .gifs and others work by default with ubb.

Last edited by gliderdad; 04/11/2012 5:58 PM.