This may be a WAD (Working as Designed) and not a bug.

I needed to restore my database from a backup and do some testing on it before opening it up to users. So the first thing I did was put it in maintenance mode by closing the board.

After doing the database restore I checked and it was still in maintenance mode. This may have been because the system was in maintenance mode when I did the backup. I don't know if that flag is kept in the database or someplace else. In any case it was still in maintenance mode.

Then I ran through all the database rebuild scripts. I still had to test the board so I didn't want anyone on it. I was expecting the board to still be in maintenance mode since I manually closed the board before doing the rebuilds.

But while testing the boards I noticed that people started showing up on the Online island. When I went to the control panel it showed that it wasn't in maintenance mode anymore.

I know the database maintenance scripts normally close the board at the start and reopen it when done. At least one of the scripts must have not cared that the board was closed already and opened it when completed.

Should I have expected the board to stay closed after running the rebuild scripts if I had closed it manually prior to running the scripts?

DennyP - www.dennyp.com
DennyP Travel