OK I have been considering the gallery option for a range of my forums and I think it would be very popular however it will result in Gb's of images over the years and I think a more efficient way to store the images in the longer term is not on the local machine but rather in the cloud.

We already archive quite a bit of our old images (we run snow cams) onto Amazons S3 network and it is extremely economic.

So I am considering moving my gallery hosting to be cloud based.

I should be able to write a .htaccess mod_rewrite to redirect anything from /gallery/ or below to a cloud location so that shouldn't be an issue.

The issue is the file upload. I will have to hack in a few lines of code to change the file move from /tmp to /gallery to be a move to the cloud location.

I have gone through filemanager.inc.php and can follow it through to image.inc.php where the images are resized (but not saved to /gallery) and then returned and then the database command to update the filename into the db (around line 280) is all clear. However I can't find where the files are actually moved from /tmp to /gallery location.

This is the line of code I would need to edit but I can't seem to trace it. Is it in another include file? Can anyone give me a file reference and line number where this actually is written.

Thanks.

Australia skiing accommodation reports, cams, shop and community