Truthfully, I understand the issue. I have seen it before. If opposing entities were in fact going to have the same data, and you had a following on yours, I am sure, if they were the type to cause lawsuits, that they would just sue you for (c) material. They would still win. I think that he would only want to sell the data only of the Forums, but not the UBB license to that group. They would have to figure out how to use the data from there. Personally I wouldn't sell the info for the board to one person. Once it is owned by (you) it is yours and the other entity would have no right to the info. Policy enforcement has always been an issue for a forum board, and it is a constant balancing act, work, and tedious. This may not be an option based on what you are describing, but in the interest of all parties I have to agree with Gizmo on this, it would be frustrating for you, the patrons of your boards, and even the opposing entity. It would more than likely just a long goodbye for the forum if it were sold into two different directions.