Yes it would sound foolish. But then our forum has become very foolish. Divisions and in fighting have been running it in to the ground. Flame wars causing it run amok. We've never enforced any of our policies on harassment and personal attacks -- "traditional moderating," as i'd call it. Physical threats have gone without warnings. The opposing party has already had lawyers threaten litigation over the absolute dumbest issue -- a threat of a frivolous lawsuit.

Starting enforcement now would be too much headache for the owner.

The owner NEVER wanted to own a forum NOR the headaches. He merely inherited it from one of his former employees. The owner got stuck with it. Years after laying off his small staff he retired. He would like his business -- his legacy -- to live on. But he has no attachment for the forum. It's really caused him headaches.

Actually the fact that we're still alive is a fluke. I was never even meant to have access to the control panel. But after finding it i was able to save the forum from death, with the help that i got from here.

We will be making a purchase offer of four dollars merely to relieve him of the responsibility that he never wanted.

I highly doubt that the other party is anywhere near prepared to host, mod and maintain a forum -- let have they ever even considered it. Whereas we made an offer over a year ago.

The owner making the offer in good faith to both parties would, i believe, minimize the headaches that he would have to deal with.

Yes it seems very odd. But it might be the best rememedy for the very odd situation that we're in.

Sorry for dumping our life history on you.

smile