I have a site, BellaOnline, which is an article directory. So for example we have a Wine editor who writes articles on Wine. Associated with BellaOnline are our BellaOnline forums, which are UBB forums. So we have a forum area called "wine" where the wine lovers post.

Each time the Wine editor writes a new article, he creates a matching post in the forum. That way people interested in that article can talk about it. He can link from his article to that thread he created.

What I'd like to do is have the thread text show up UNDER THE ARTICLE, similar to how when you go to CNN or other news sites you see a running tally of comments beneath the article. That way they are right there.

Any ideas on how to make this happen? We have hundreds of thousands of threads. So the idea of exporting flat files of those threads and filling our disks with them boggles my mind. But on the other hand that still might be better than having database calls being made continually to the database, to extract the matching thread details for a given thread.

Is anybody doing this?

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts