Thanks Gizmo. My server is not working well - my search on it found nothing. I had to download my entire forums to my local hard drive to be able to look through it. I don't know why search doesn't work reliably. So I did find the two scripts and changed it there. I did that for the lisashea.com forum and that works for full adds and replies.
Any thoughts on how I could add it to a quick reply? I'd want to do it there as well.
Once that is done, how do I globally set all users to have these email them? I.e. what's the database setting that sets these watched forums to email by default? I'll go dig through the database myself to see if I can find it. I'll want to run a script to turn it on for everyone, and then change the code so all new users get it set by default. They can of course unset it if they want. But I think this is key to draw users back to posts they make.