I have a bit of a sticky wicket. I'm setting up a new server for Stovebolt.com. We're running ubbthreads on our server. While I was setting up the server, the hosting company added our dns records to their dns servers. I was unaware of this, and in preparing for the move, I had added their servers as backup DNS (thinking they would simply redirect if the query wasn't cached and adding them would help dns "catch up" quicker.)

So, for reasons that still remain unclear to me (because the two primary servers were at the old hosting company and working fine), some of our users went to the new server. Some of those logged in to the forum and posted.

So now I have posts on each server that don't exist on the other server. (I don't think I'll have any new users, because I never approved any.) The new server is now setup so they can no longer get to it, and the new hosting company's dns servers have been removed from our domain registrar's records. So everything is back to normal except this one problem.

I could just import the database from the old server when I do the cutover, but it would be nice if I could preserve the posts that were made on the new server.

I suspect there will be some post number clashes, so this may not be possible. Is there a way to merge the two servers so I don't lose any of the posts?

This article suggests a way, but I'd like to have some certainty that it will work before trying it.

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 7.7.5
Release 20201027
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.16
Web Server Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version 7.4.33
MYSQL Version 5.7.43
Database Size 1.85 GB