I used that same reasoning with 3 Host Providers. All 3 insisted that my site (UBBThreads) was "hogging" to many resouces and memory. All 3 threatened me with expulsion if "I" did not correct the alleged usage problem or move to a VPS.

I did get one "tech" to check what was atually using so much memory and he said it was "1"... that is uno, one single 15KB .gif file that was the culprit. My response was, "You have got to be kidding, right? That's impossible!" For fun, I removed the one .gif file and the problem continued. Eventually, I cancelled my account I had with all 3 of these companies, respectively and ended up going with a VPS. That went fine for awhile albeit much more expensive. The company grew quickly and the performance and service declined unfortunately.

So, I moved once again to a shared server on Express Hosting and things have been 100% plus. Speeds are noticeably better and I have more features than any of the other 5 I've had over the years. The owner, Tom Walsh has been stellar in the service department, moving my entire website and board and setting everything up.

[Linked Image from the-highway.com]

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!