Well after having good success on my lisashea forum I thought it would be fairly straightforward to upgrade my main bellaonline forums.

Nope!

I admit I had a glitch while I was doing this. I backed up my database. Then I upgraded to 7.5.7. That went fine.

Then I upgraded MySQL - and forgot that it was going to need data restored into it. So I restored the database file into it - and that was of course a 7.5.6 database file.

So since I now had MySQL upgraded and a 7.5.6 database file, I moved my backup of my 7.5.6 web files back live to match. So everything should have been perfectly aligned in 7.5.6 with a fresh updated copy of MySQL.

However I am getting this error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function error() on a non-object in E:\forums\libs\mysql.inc.php on line 77
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function error() on a non-object in E:\forums\libs\mysql.inc.php on line 77

I tried upgrading PHP to the latest version just in case it was a PHP issue with my old PHP. So now I've got the latest version of PHP on there and PHPMyAdmin is running fine. So PHP is working. PHPMyAdmin can see the database table fine. So that end is working too.

It's just the forums that are choking. My entire main forum is now down.

Help!

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts