Dear Gizmo -

You are an angel smile. Thank you so much, I'll definitely give that a try the next time I send out a mailing.

Bill - Until now I've only done it every 2-3 years when there was a huge forum upgrade that changed things. I wanted to make sure members felt in the loop with substantial changes like that. But I definitely am finding that sending more regular mailings in general - for any site - builds community and engagement. It draws people into participating more.

So while you might get a few grumpy people, the benefits far outweigh that. You remind people who forgot about you to come give you a try again. You build a connection with your members who do visit.

It's also good to do it regularly so you can prune the bad-email addresses out in regular doses. Otherwise the one time you do send you'll do a deluge of bad email addresses, which can cause target servers to tag you as a spammer. So that's something to avoid. It's going to be inevitable with the first mailing but then after that if you keep a regular schedule you can prevent it from ever happening again.

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts