That's helpful. OK, so the story. Sorry if it's boring, but maybe you can help more.

On our board for Electronic Medical Records and Physicians, there used to be I (Admin), one global mod, and three mods. Everything worked great, the new version got rid of spammers, and I banned the few that got through. Everything was great. Then, corporate decided to add nine new moderators, four of which were admins. Crazy. Just out of the blue made support techs admins and mods.

In trying to clean it up one of the high up IT people who understands UBB and I are meeting every week to fix it (not that it's that hard to fix -- just a strategy).

The problem mostly stems from approving new users. We get about 15 a week, and I generally approve or reject each in less than 24 to 48 hours, which I think is fine. One complained, so they added two admins to help approve. Needless to say, they aren't as good at spotting spammers, although I go by the new version Good IP, Good Email thing.

So, the decision that Brian and I made was to take away the admin privileges of those who don't need them. That is why I tried adding the CP group. But, from what you are saying, it seems as though I will have to make her an admin. Just hate to make a tech support person who knows little about the board an admin simply so she can approve or reject applicants.

Which brings up the question (if I may), can a non-super admin make a user an admin, and can they take that away?

By the way, I am a pediatrician, so feel free to ask any medical questions if you wish smile. Just feel like a freeloader otherwise.

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll