I am looking for new servers as well. We're currently at a place where we have 3 dedicated servers: they never even alerted us that there was a HUGE vulnerability last year. Ergo last week - presto! A hacker owned root.

Need to change, looked up both those you guys suggested. Interserver has far worse machines: expressshoppingnet has far better, more ram, a LOT more BW, all for 180. Paying 350 for a slower server with less ram, less than half the bw, right now.

Question: I get that dedicated servers come as is, you DIY and that's cool. I don't get that when a serious vulnerability becomes known, no newsletter? No email? No NUTTIN? Is that the same at all of these companies? (Admittedly we have 1 new servers and 2 more provisioned years ago - still you'd THINK they'd have alerted us. God knows everyone else knew: I did research and found the hack itself described. ANY ole coder (including moi) could do it. Thanks for telling people how to hack, press idiots. And thanks to my (soon to previous) hosting company for the alert!

ARG if only I knew more about server guts - but noooo!

While I'm at it, the only other hosting place I'm examining is GoDaddy: also heard good things there.

Do any of you have UBB boards which, like mine, is such a monster that during peak it requires a couple of servers? (Not saying 3: I think 2 of ours are so old that 1 good one could replace it, taking us down to 2. Still we'll require a third shortly.)

Jokersupdates - running 6.2 and keeps on ticking!