8oU2sT3i, mZ7cB3vW3o and fk2uhewf8u

Hello experts:

The above are the latest three display names which are the same as the username.

I HATE TO SHOUT...but I wanted to apologize ahead of time if the last display name is offensive. Please remove it or I will.

AGAIN...as you are bored to hear, I am the default admin for our admin board. Our board is unique in that it is a group of doctors representing an EMR that truly is a community and helps one other with the technical side of EMR plus a multitude of other things. It is different than any other EMR. I have been stuck administrating it and SEVERAL people on this board, some more hands on than others, have helped tremendously.

Unfortunately, I am not the only one approving new members. There are two from the company (who unfortunately are admins just to have that power). I feel like I am in a better position to decide who should be approved or not. And, due to Gizmo and SD (I am just giving credit to both) the spam forum program helps tremendously.

OK. Now back to the problem at hand. While there are many users who will have a user name of fillymdorthodoc, given they don't change their display name to Fred, it is hard to address them by an easy name or at least put it in the signature.

The problem is when we get display names such as the three at the top which already makes me suspicious of spammers.

I guess what I am getting at is how do your mods deal with that either before or after they are approved. I am not talking so much about removing them (as we don't really know), but more for educational purposes. When I applied to this incredible board as Bert, it would have been strange to hear from Ruben, you need to change your display name.

I guess I could do what I usually do and just ask them to change their display name. We do tend to start are replies with Hi so and so, which is nearly impossible with the other display names.

I wonder also if 1) not allowing the display name to be the same and, 2) having some guidelines for them such as, "Your username is for logging in and cannot be changed (without mod help), your display name is what those on the board will see you as.

Anyway sorry so long. I used to write this on the bottom of my posts automatically, but they never got read.

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll