Originally Posted by Reboot
Just to be clear, I am talking about the Quick Reply box at the bottom of each page, not the Quick Reply button in posts.
I understand that and stand by my previous post; if you look at the HTML coding you can see that the reference I made to the script file is that which is utilized by the Quick Reply response box; html coding below:

Code
<a name="quickreply"></a>
<form method="post" action="/forums/ubbthreads.php" name="replier">
<input type="hidden" name="preview" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="ubb" value="addpost" />
<input type="hidden" name="quickreply" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="Board" value="3" />
<input type="hidden" name="page" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="Main" value="49828" />
<input type="hidden" name="Parent" value="254311" />
<input type="hidden" name="what" value="showflat" />
<input type="hidden" name="fpart" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="Icon" value="book.gif" />
<input type="hidden" name="Subject" value="Re: Quick Reply" />
<input type="hidden" name="gallery" value="0" />
<table class="t_inner">
<tr>
<td class="tdheader" colspan="2">
Quick Reply:
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="alt-2" width="17%" valign="top">
<div class="small">
HTML is enabled<br />
UBBCode is enabled
<br />
<input type="checkbox" name="addsig" id="addsig" value="1" checked="checked" class="form-checkbox" /> <label for="addsig">Add Signature</label>
</div>
</td>
<td class="alt-1" width="83%">

<textarea tabindex="1" cols="80" rows="14" class="form-input" id="texteditor" name="Body"></textarea>
<br />
<select name="convert" id="convert" class="form-select"><option value="markup" selected="selected">using UBBCode</option><option value="html">using HTML</option><option value="both">using HTML and UBBCode</option></select>
<br />

<input tabindex="2" type="button" name="textcont" value="Submit" class="form-button" onclick="submitPost()" />
<input type="button" name="textcont" value="Preview Reply" class="form-button" onclick="doPreview();" />
<input type="button" name="textcont" value="Switch to Full Reply Screen" class="form-button" onclick="switchAdvanced();" />
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

The following line tells the UBB system that it's to use the script file "addpost.inc.php".
Code
<input type="hidden" name="ubb" value="addpost" />

It's entirely possible that the coding changed in a build previous to 7.5.6 however between 7.5.6 and 7.5.8 there haven't been any changes that would account for this behavior being different than what it is now; and you can open the script file yourself to see just that.

Last edited by Gizmo; 12/09/2013 7:19 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!