RE: Side Bars:
I'd definitely check the permissions on the cache directories (777) and of the files in them (666), then clear the cache.

RE: Changes/Blank Config:
There is an old bug report somewhere where Rick mentions a fix that ones host needs to make; what happens when the config file is written is that every variable is read in before it's written, then written back out, and some hosts only allow X amount of variables to be present in a post/get. You'd have to use the search to find it though, I'm sure it's linked to in several threads that pop up.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!