Hi Ruben,
look again, its not about the -1 and a permission not working, my image above it shows how its not been written (Saved) correctly via Group Permissions update, ive entered a value and its not being saved. It could be this one parameter in the group update that's knocking them all out.

If you do the test the other way via the forum permissions then it works as in saves correctly and is then visible in the group permissions.

There is a BIG bug in Group permissions.
Previously i have had it zero out all the permissions in the "user" group. There were no forums visible to visitors.
And it was only 2 wks later i got an email saying why the change.

The problem is Groups can be Subscriptions too.
A member may be a members of a group with a subscription attached that's when it gets messy.
As you may be allowing access / privileges that a "member" does not have.

When creating new groups the Group update is like gold dust for system wide tweaks. But it has the potential to zero out other groups, groups your not even dealing with. Fortunately i have documented what's happened, but i cant play too much a live forum as the consequence's could be start again.

Unless you have Subscriptions running, with groups then you may only be dealing with say 1 private forum.
But i have groups with permissions across the board for example more upload allowance with images.
its easy to update that group in one click in group permissions, but if i want do it forum by forum i have 65 forums.

That's why i say

Its a Powerful Feature,
Not many use it,
but if it goes wrong its a big big mess if you have a few system wide groups.

Its a ticking time bomb for any one with groups.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo