I am an administrator in the Larian forum (7.5.8), but don't have direct access to the server.

I have enabled Stop Forum Spam, and if it is set to Manual I can successfully report spammers (checked the SFS site before and after reporting a couple), but can not get a connection with any information returned. If I click on the "(Test Connectivity)" link I get a window:

Stop Forum Spam Query
API status:

and in the Registration Queue, set to Auto there is an error "Cannot Connect to the Stop Forum Spam API right now", or on Manual if I click on 'Check this user' I get:

Spam Check
Email Status:
Reg. IP Status:

If I set Stop Forum Spam to Auto, this causes an error when attempting to register a new user account (which is extremely effective at stopping spam, BTW, aside from the obvious downside), immediately after hitting the Submit button:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/2/4/1/1026/1026/public_html/forums/scripts/adduser.inc.php:38 Stack trace: #0 /home/2/4/1/1026/1026/public_html/forums/scripts/adduser.inc.php(38): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 [internal function]: page_adduser_run() #2 /home/2/4/1/1026/1026/public_html/forums/ubbthreads.php(268): call_user_func('page_adduser_ru...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/2/4/1/1026/1026/public_html/forums/scripts/adduser.inc.php on line 38

How can this connection issue be fixed? I'll need to email someone to get them to contact the host.