Black Diamonds <?>
I have a virtual Server set up now so i can try out the conversion.

Following this wiki conversion information Click me
And this for the black diamonds Click Me
Which i've done, and i have Diamonds in place of £ i've followed the Black Diamond link and double checked everything twice.
What i can say, if i put the generic.php Characterset back to iso-8859-1 the Dimonds go away and show £ as expected.

Original generic.php = iso-8859-1
Original Database = latin1_swedish_c
i

New generic.php = utf-8
New Database = utf8_general_ci

I've rebuilt Posts, Topics, Forums, Signatures, and Private Messages.
Cleared the cache.

For Reference my Posts Rebuild 850MiB took 3hrs in version 7.5.9 which is quicker than 7.5.8 if i remember correctly.

I've tried viewing the topics in IE and its showing the same diamonds just incase chrome was playing up.
My Diamonds have a ? in them, if that's any different.

Detail info :
My virtual server
Web Server Apache/2.2.3
PHP Version 5.1.6
MySQL Version 5.0.95
Forums 7.5.9

My Live Forum
Web Server Apache/2
PHP Version 5.3.29
MySQL Version 5.5.40
Forums 7.5.8

I don't think there is an issue with the versions, as everything is up and running as expected.
My virtual server is running a copy of my live forums, and the conf file edited to work locally.

Summary
If I change the Characterset back to iso-8859-1 in generic.php it displays as expected.
However my goal is to convert and have the correct result in anticipation of the next release.
We have a forsale section and the "£" is used quite a lot, i cant just leave triangles.
So my test Database has come from a higher version of mysql if that has any bearing on the results.

Its not a problem to try again, i just want to be sure i'm not missing something. E.g. Versions ??
Or it should work and just try again.

Thanks for any feed back.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo