Originally Posted by JAISP
I had changed it many years ago and had it working perfectly on as high as 7.4.0 and using the member database and mod and admin privileges as well. The problem now is I can't get it to install at all with the latest download with the UBB or as a stand alone chat. Once I get that working I believe I can get it working with 7.6.0 easily.

For reference, UBB.threads version 7.4.0 was released October 16th, 2008.

FlashChat Requirements:
Adobe Flash Player, PHP
http://www.tufat.com/flashchat-2/

In addition to what Gizmo has said about FlashChat not being mobile friendly, it also requires Adobe Flash. That is something which every modern smartphone has stopped supporting. Websites built with Adobe Flash simply will not function on modern mobile devices running Google Android or iOS (iPhone / iPad).

In 2010, Steve Jobs said that Apple would not allow Flash on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad - citing abysmal security as one reason.

Android's final dance with Adobe Flash, was around 2013, during the Android 4.0/ICS days.

In November 2011, Adobe had officially ceased development of Flash for all mobile devices, but did make available a handful of security-related releases until mid-2013.

Adobe's Flash may have been fine for the early 2000s when it was installed on many desktop computers, but today, many people use flash blocking tools to battle overly abusive advertisers, for security concerns, for battery & data transfer saving, and for many other reasons. Today, many people just wont install Adobe Flash.

See attached screenshot:
Attachments
20170207_15-20-30.PNG

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com