Thanks for the additional information, along with your screenshots. I just went in to the subscription pages and was able to duplicate them myself, just as you posted.

What I found after some further research:
They need an account with PayPal because PayPal stores their credit card information so they can be charged at each renewal bill. UBB.threads does not store any credit card information at all, making this impossible for the forum software to request a renewal fee on its own. Because of this, the user needs a PayPal account for their forum subscriptions.

Have the user create a PayPal account, so they can store their credit card information. This will allow them to be billed again, once their initial term has expired.

One-time purchases and donations to not require a PayPal account.

EDIT:
As a solution for the UBB.threads PHP Forum Software not storing credit card numbers:

If they do not want to create a PayPal account, but they still want to use PayPal (???), give them an option for longer periods.
EXAMPLE::
reg with paypal account): $10 per each month.
reg without paypal account): $120 for 12 months.

Personally, I dont want to have anything to do with anyone's CC numbers, other than my own. Its too much of a liability if my data were to become compromised.
Attachments
20170813_20-30-08.PNG

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com