Hi experts,

I am the admin of a board (although from my ignorance, you would never know). When I go to add what admins, global mods, users, etc. have the permissions to do by entering a 1 or a 0, I do this for each forum separately. We have about eight forums so this takes a bit of time.

Now, I do see where there is a template that permissions could be taken from, therefore doing them all quickly. Or I could change permissions in the Problems forum, save, and then use it to sync those permissions to other forums one by one.

The problem is see with that is the following:

Say that forum's permission is pretty much identical to all the others, say mods can delete posts. If I add new permissions to the Problem forum and then use it to change the other forums' permissions, if they didn't allow mods to delete posts for whatever reason, they would now inherit those permissions. Correct? It seems that once most forums have different permissions for certain reasons, when one changes permissions to a particular forum, it would be difficult to use it as a template for others.

Maybe your board is set up differently, although we do use the same versions.

Thanks. Sorry if I did not explain this correctly.

Bert

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll