Mainly because in the UK most ISP are blocking bulk spam from forums and alike, so an email verification can be blocked by an ISP.

I have my forums set to e-mail is required, but not verified as they will mostly not get that email.

Capcha is on and registration que is on as well as detect forum spam.

A request on our registration forums is location, and because I check each registration you can pretty much get a good feel if the user is real or not.

Stop forum spam is a great addition, and has seen me delete on email address but not so much on a red ip address.

I do wish there was a better authentication process out there, not just with our forum but everywhere. In my opinion running a busy forum and ISP blocking our domain wrongly is pretty normal.

Google accounts strangly work fine, but that could be due to anylitics being connected or adverts.

Ive tried to let our forums run on automatic for registration but it just does not work in our case.

I have a note in our registration process saying your registration is a manual process. And watch for your name to show up in new members...

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo