Speaking of changes I am forced to make to the forums each time, we run contests in the forums. That means that a person's entry must be clearly made at a certain date and time with a certain answer. The forum code currently allows a user NOT to mark their content as edited which means they could make a wrong answer, see someone else's answer, and go back and edit it so it had the right answer and pretend they'd done that in the first place.

I make a code change so that they are not allowed to "hide" their change. All changes are always marked as changes.

Code
/templates/default/editpost.tpl
line 97: $lang.MARK_EDIT line, replace with entire below content.

<!-- LISA COMMENT - MUST SHOW EDIT STATUS -->
<input type="hidden" value="1" name="markedit">
<!-- <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="markedit" checked="checked" class="form-checkbox" /> {$lang.MARK_EDIT} -->
<!-- <input type="text" name="editreason" class="form-input" /> -->
<!-- END LISA CHANGE -->

I didn't do it in this last update because I was trying to whittle down the changes I make per update just for sanity's sake - but this is one that's fairly important to us.

I would lobby that we include this as a setting in future versions of the forum. As the forum owner I should have the ability to disallow silent changes of content.

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts