I personally prefer using the Facebook and/or Twitter buttons. They allow my users to block one or the other if they choose. I personally dont like sending ads to my users, I enjoy my online privacy, and do encourage my users to block ads and tracking if they choose to do so. But I do have ads on my websites. Just very few of them, and fewer to registered members. (edit: my display ads cover the cost of running each of my websites.)

Sharaholic provides the resources to share with many other services. But if a user decides to block Sharaholic, they are blocking all the Sharaholic sharing services at once.

OPTION A: Facebook and/or Twitter...
OPTION B: Sharaholic -- which is an all-in-one service.

Though, you can run all three at once, and just not display facebook/twitter within your Sharaholic bar. But then you are fighting agains the load-times of three other domains on your single page.

OPTION C: All the things.

So its really up to how you want to run your own forums.

Last edited by isaac; 04/12/2018 1:42 PM.

current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com