Originally Posted by SteveS
Agreed, Ruben - I contracted with Mindraven in good faith. They were sort of representing Enom, as a reseller, so I don't understand the need for the $495 charge. They considered it doing me a favor, because they would ordinarily charge $200 PER DOMAIN to move them. I moved seven domains, so at least that part of it was a no-brainer. It took her all of a minute to move them after I paid the $495. I am now with Bulkregister.com, which is owned by Enom. If they decide to close it, I wonder if I will have to pay again. The sad part is that I moved at least two domains to Mindraven from a different Enoms - owned company several years ago. Identification protection is only $3 per domain, but I guess I didn't really need to spend that. I kind of automatically click on that box.

At least they have a good user interface that seems to work. I registered one new domain, a .net, and that was $16.95 plus $3 for the ID protection.

It is going to take a while to get over the $495, between the fact that I have Christmas presents to buy, and that I am not working. I am planning to take my "downtime" to get something going with a couple of sites. My no-compete (from selling my big site) has just ended. so I am now free to do whatever the Hell I want.
eek

Now I have to purchase an SSL certificate for my server, but first I have to figure out how I'm going to slip all of this past the wife. laugh
"But honey, its just the price of doing business"... If it works... lol

Once I purchase the certificate, I'll have to send some money James' way to do some converting. My old site was down for four months when the new owners converted it without knowing what they were doing. They pretty much killed it - four months is a long time for a 40,000 member forum to be down.
... What did they attempt to convert?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!