For UBBT 7.7.0, a new MySQLi database connection library has been written. That's no longer one of the main issues with bringing UBBT to compatiblity with PHP 7.x.

The remaining issue is that with PHP 7 comes all sorts of new programing stricktness. Early versions of UBB.threads (since 7.5.6, iirc) applied minor patches to make it compatable with PHP 5. Nothing was really rewritten to optimize the code or do anything more with it than make it work with PHP 5. PHP 7 doesn't play those games. lol

The main version bump from UBB.threads7 series 6 (v7.6.x) to series 7 (v7.7.0) is due to the large amount if code rewrite to get your current forums working correctly with PHP 7 and MySQLi.

Because if this rewrite, you will instantly see a performance boost that will be like night and day. I've been running it in my large forums for the past 2 months as a "burn in period" to track down bugs before releasing it to you guys. It looks good and it's solid. Except we are just compatable with PHP 7.0 and PHP 7.1 at the moment. There are some major changes within PHP 7.2+ which have been a learning curve for me to take on with my limited schedule this winter. But the code is good and solid.

The official statement is: I'd like to get this to you as soon as possible. That's my goal and its what I'm working on right now.

-isaac

Last edited by isaac; 12/17/2018 2:31 PM. Reason: composed on a smartphone. autocorrect broke words. edited to recorrect them. lol

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com