I personally am against Cloudflair basic settings because there are items that get changed or customized by the user which retain the same file name even though the file size and date has been updated, but Cloudflair continues to deliver the older cached images.

If you do switch over to Cloudflair, you'll need to go beyond the basic settings and tune it to deliver the content you are certain that doesnt change often.

The other problem I see is that UBB.threads is based off a template system, meaning that the majority of your pages are already cached and dont need to be regenerated except to repopulate them with current data from your database. In my opinion, Cloudflair gets in the way here, and will cache the data once again, and then deliver that to the end user.

With all that said, you will hear strong opinions on either side of this debate, purely with regards to UBB.threads software.

But the very best advice that both sides agree on is that if/when you move to Cloudflair;

1) That you also do some tuning. If you are having issues with caches and CF buffers not expiring as expected, make some adjustments. Keep doing this until you have it correct.
2) Ask for advice and tips from other people who have experience with Cloudflair and the UBB.threads software you are putting behind Cloudflair.
3) Listen to your users. Do some reading and research when your users mention cache issues -- and use Google to research the issues.

edit: Cloudflair is an awesome service. But for best results, it needs to be tuned to mesh with your software.

Last edited by isaac; 01/21/2019 5:53 PM.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com