Originally Posted by Philipp
Whole night? Greping every file? There are IDEs out there that can do the same task in 5 minutes wink.

Yes. A whole night. There were a lot of changes required in order to get the 10-year-old mailer script up to speed with PHP 7.1+ and all the other related script files which use it.

Please try to not be so condescending in every post you write. Be courteous to others. We are a team here. A team with the common goal of making the software better. Better for everyone.

We are aware of using IDEs. Feel free to look at the code from within UBB.threads 7.7.0 (and newer) to see that we have switched from the past ways of multiple formatting styles, to using a single common coding layout presentation. JetBrains IDE is what we are currently using, as of about 4 months ago (October 2018). Prior to that, the previous devs, and myself coded most of it by hand (which is incredibly impressive). Because of that, minor things such as this, did slip through. But as you're seeing, those few items are being caught now thumbsup UBB.threads is a specialized software using many programing language technologies, PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Smarty templates.

I'm happy to use all of the tools available. Searching for a single string within 1,000+ files at a time is something I've been doing since the mid 80s, back when things were a bit different. It still works today for things beyond programming.

Working on this software is an enjoyable hobby for me. I do not get paid for my time or my work.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com