Gizmo--

I hired somebody--an expert, they represented and I assumed--to manage the conversion from 6.7.3 to 7.x. They said "your hosting service versions of MySQL and php will not allow redirecting." I didn't know why that should matter, since I wasn't aware of the need for redirecting anything. After the conversion was done and the old board closed (happily not deleted), THEN I discovered that my 200+ "internal" links were broken. The expert denied any responsibility for the problem. So I am manually and very laboriously replacing the URL for my 200+ links. The reason for keeping the old board open so I can find what the link is, instead of having to even-more-laboriously extract that info from the SQL database. With any luck at all it will take me only 15 or 20 hours to manually replace all the links. I'm so glad I hired an expert to save me time and hassle.

Thanks for your comments.

Thank you too, Ruben. I can "move" missing posts with copy/paste, that's good enough. The important thing is knowing what is missing, which I can find out from the old board.

Thanks too for the link to the documentation.