I tested this whith a virgin install.
But anyway I was checking for gdpr compliance, etc and I noticed a issue in the footer.
Which seems to be in the language files mailer.php
In particular the top 4 keys in the raw zip file:
Code
$ubbt_lang['EMAIL_HEADER_TEXT'] = "{$config['COMMUNITY_TITLE']}<br>----------------------------------<br>";
$ubbt_lang['EMAIL_HEADER_HTML'] = "{$config['COMMUNITY_TITLE']}";
$ubbt_lang['EMAIL_FOOTER_TEXT'] = "This email was auto-generated. Please do not reply.<br><br>Manage your email preferences:<br>{$config['FULL_URL']}/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editdisplay<br><br>Update your forum profile:<br>{$config['FULL_URL']}/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editbasic<br><br>";
$ubbt_lang['EMAIL_FOOTER_HTML'] = "This email was sent by <a href=\"{$config['HOMEPAGE_URL']}\">{$config['HOMEPAGE_TITLE']}</a>.<br>To control which emails we send you, <a href=\"{$config['FULL_URL']}/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editdisplay\">update your email preferences</a>.";

But after a net new install I get in the language file in the cp:
Ca't seem to copy paste the key with the text so will manually enter it
Code
EMAIL_HEADER_TEXT <br>----------------------------------<br>
EMAIL_HEADER_HTML 
EMAIL_FOOTER_TEXT  This email was auto-generated. Please do not reply.<br><br>Manage your email preferences:<br>/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editdisplay<br><br>Update your forum profile:<br>/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editbasic<br><br>
EMAIL_FOOTER_HTML This email was sent by <a href=""></a>.<br>To control which emails we send you, <a href="/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editdisplay">update your email preferences</a>.
So what happens when you send a email from the site what is displayed in the footer is first no community title and the link to change your preferences is a relative url which will not redirect the user.
Attached two images of the email
Attachments
Screenshot (31).png Screenshot (32).png

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers