Originally Posted by Gizmo
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Additionally, could you open the offending table and take a screenshot of the table structure so we can validate that the cells are indeed utf8mb4_general_ci
Please take screenshots of PHPMyAdmin of your listing of tables and within the ubbt_POSTS table's schema to validate everything is utf8mb4.

I'm still waiting on the above screenshots.

Can you reproduce the error here or at UBBDev, with the exact same post data? If not, it's a server configuration issue, and there is little we can do to diagnose and fix problems with server configurations; we're a script provider and we assume that your server configuration is compatible.

You may just need to toggle the "MySQL Full Unicode Support (utf8mb4)" setting to see if your system will operate without errors.

You could try creating a fresh install of UBB.threads 7.7.4 from a fresh download from the member area in an empty database and see if it works as expected (creating utf8mb4 posts, actually creating and not previewing so it is written to the database) and compare.

A properly working utf8mb4 setup will allolw you to post emojis (as a test): 😎✌👌

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!