I've been asked to migrate a 6.4.1 UBB forum that is currently running on a server internal to my client's business. Although I have no access to the server itself, I have been provided a zipped copy of the public_html directory + a MySQL dump. In addition to this I also have admin credentials to the live site which will remain active until I complete the migration.

Although I'm not familiar with UBB, I've read enough of the documentation to know that this is a pretty old site and, so far, the migration hasn't gone easy. I can't get the site to work at all on my production server so I've setup a dev account running PHP 5.4.45. Using this configuration I was able to get the site working on some level, but for some reason I can't log in using the same admin credentials from the live site — even though the MSQL dump was made from the live site. So, without being able to log in, I can't really verify what's actually working.

In addition to that install, I also setup a local MAMP installation of 6.5.5 and then manually tried merging the 6.4.1 data, table by table. It looks like many of the columns match up but it's a very slow process and, so far, the 6.5.5 site isn't working either. So I appear to be stuck. If I can't get the original site working, I can't even begin the upgrade process to a more recent version.

While I have no issue paying for a migration from UBB directly, I sent them a support ticket around 5 days ago and never heard back. So I wasn't really sure how active they were anymore. With that in mind, I thought I'd reach out to the forums to see if anyone had any advice or could point me in the right direction.

Last edited by digisquid; 07/20/2020 11:24 PM.