Views on a topic are only increased when a user accesses the topic for the first time (thus only calculating unique views); this stops abusive users and bots from just refreshing the page to increase views on topics.

This code is managed by the following block in /scripts/showflat.inc.php:
Code
	// If this is our first visit to this topic, update the counter
	if ($_SESSION['current_topic'] != $topic_info['TOPIC_ID']) {
		$query = "
			INSERT INTO
				{$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}TOPIC_VIEWS
				(TOPIC_ID)
			VALUES
				(?)
		";
		$dbh->do_placeholder_query($query, array($topic_info['TOPIC_ID']), __LINE__, __FILE__);
		$_SESSION['current_topic'] = $topic_info['TOPIC_ID'];
	}

I would highly advise against ever changing this behavior, on any well trafficked (I'm mentioning TRAFFIC here and not posts) would likely spam your server with excess activity.

This is how it has always worked, as you wouldn't want additional connections to the database increasing views for every page reload as it'd severely impact your server.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!