Originally Posted by Ruben
His site is very slow now compared to last year.
FREAK is on the current 7.7.4 version
FREAK has cookies set to 30 days plus Who's Online set to 240 minutes.
Originally Posted by Ruben
FYI he has been using some app to fool UBB to think unique visitors visit the site to force the page view count to increase , It does work. It is a stand alone app run from his PC

The Post View Count's cache is processed on two common/frequent actions, and can be triggered manually from the CP.

1. User login.
2. New post creation. Private or public, does not matter.
3. Control Panel > Cache Manager > Update Cache

If you have very few users visiting your forum, then you will have fewer logins. Also with the cookie expiration set to 30 days, you'll have fewer logins, with the "benefit" (not really) of average account security.

If you have very few new posts, then your post counter cache is updated less frequently.

This cache is stored in SQL memory (heap storage) to reduce the number of disk transactions required for this frequent action. The cache is processed and written to disk at key periods with the intent of keeping physical hardware transactions speedy and optimized.

As for the other item you've mentioned, "some app to fool UBB." I have no clue what this would be or how it works, and I can tell you that itis not supported here at all.

Last edited by isaac; 08/29/2020 8:07 PM. Reason: words corrected

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com