Originally Posted by Gizmo
Originally Posted by Metamatic
UBB Message
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Database error only visible to forum administrators
Please click back to return to the previous page.

* The 'back' button here is a link to the previous page in my browser history.
This is a generalized error that generally indicates a configuration issue (such as the database information being incorrect); you can disable the mechanism that hides the message (it does so for security [passwords can be displayed], if your forums are configured to save errors to a log file it'll be displayed there) by editing the libs/mysqli.inc.php file and changing:
Code
$showerror = 0;

To:
Code
$showerror = 1;

Be sure to change the value back once the error message has been viewed (as again it can contain connection information for your server, saving logs is the recommended option).

Thanks for your reply - it's very much appreciated.
I followed your instructions, and the 'expanded' Error Message was as follows...

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: /home/ihlpfi7ucy12/public_html/forum/libs/user.inc.php
Line#: 467
SQL Error: Table 'ihlpfi7_ubb18394.ubbt_USERS' doesn't exist
SQL Error #: 1146
Query: SELECT t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_PASSWORD, t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED, t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t2.USER_STYLE, t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN, t2.USER_LANGUAGE, t2.USER_MOOD, t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME, t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_SHOW_ALL_GRAEMLINS, t2.USER_AVATAR, t2.USER_TITLE, t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_SHOW_LEFT_MYSTUFF,t2.USER_GROUP_IMAGES,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT FROM ubbt_USERS as t1, ubbt_USER_PROFILE as t2 WHERE t1.USER_ID = 0 AND t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

I've asked my ISP if there's an issue with the server - and they've confirmed that there isn't.