Now that the commercial is over.
The biggest issue is getting success from the importer.
It can take a lot of resources slugging the data over.
Depending on how big the phpbb site is I have had some really big sites take days to import.
And multiple attempts.
Yes running xamp or wamp on your local machine can make it import better but then transferring it to the live site does not come without issues of it's own
One other item of contention is the importer does not import passwords. Meaning a returning user will need to use the lost password feature to reset their password. This has to do with how the passwords are encrypted in the database.
I hate to see you give up so quickly on a great product.
But you would still have the same issues importing phpbb to most any other platform.
Btw,
Where is your phpbb forum located now?
I don't see it on your listed website.
Last edited by Ruben; 02/18/2021 5:29 PM. Reason: Added Comment