You're welcome to modify your forums in any manner you see fit, however you'll need to know that any modifications to the base code will not be supported by the vendor.

This confrimation page was added for flood protection, and the feature works like any other "preview" page in the product; so users won't just click like on every post on the page which could flood queries to the database; now say you have multiple users doing this at once and you can see how the load would increase.

Once users insert likes willy nilly (such as liking every post in a thread) the value of those likes goes to the wayside, things are no longer popular and stand out.

I wrote this system the way it is now, with abuse and performance in mind; this feature will not be rewritten like the user wants; again, you can tinker how the system works if you must, but I stand by how this was written.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!