Originally Posted by InlinersAdmin
Thanks for the code. Any idea why it is not included on the system or somehow supressed by .ini setting? I searched the php.ini for ctype and/or alnum - I find nothing.
Unless the special case with FreeBSD, or another distribution, I'd ask your webhost. Generally this is a standard function provided with PHP, but your host will be the concrete voice of reason as it's generally their configuration at play.

Your PHP.ini might not have a disabled line, but in a shared environment the system php.ini will have its settings, and then user php.ini files can overwrite them (if allowed).

UBB.threads is a web script, with numerous other script libraries; we assume a fully functional web server with default modules and little more; the UBB.threads Test Script attempts to locate these items and alert you to configuration issues, but these issues need to generally be checked by your web host. The install guides all indicate that we simply require common PHP functions to operate.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!