Upgrades within UBB.threads utilize the built in upgrade utility for simple upgrades; when a site goes years without updates (many versions to pass) there will be times that you'll need to do an incremental update to "catch up", these are relatively rare but do occur (such as adding the Global Moderators feature in v7.3) and are as easy as upgrading to the "stopgap" version before upgrading to the latest build.

You can find a list of developer notes with each version and the release date on the wiki at UBBWiki (UBB.threads Changelog Index) or in the Changelog Discussions announcements forum.

There are numerous modifications available at UBBDev (the home of the team contracted for development of the UBB.threads product) and I offer several premium/paid modifications and themes at VNC Web Services.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!