That is well out of the scope of Forum Support; UBB.threads is a simple PHP script with a MySQL backend, we assume that you have a production ready web server available and that other generic PHP scripts can execute.
Gizmo, you made this statement several times. Yet, the problem with my forum was the UBBThreads config file, not the web server. I don't know what was wrong with it, but replacing it fixed the problem. (Of course, then I had to change all the settings back to what we had before.)
Once I got the forum up and running, I discovered that I couldn't make global announcements or make posts sticky. That TOO turned out to be a problem with your code. (Rueben pointed out the fix to me, which I implemented and which fixed the problem.)
Now, I've discovered another problem with the text editors. (See my post about the WYSIWYG editors throwing errors.
I'm very happy with the new version and with the compatibility with PHP 8.3, but frankly, your "help" was no help at all. Not once did you (or even your support team) suggest enabling debugging, which would have saved me hours and hours of scratching my head because there were no errors in the logs. I had to discover that on my own.
I realize that you guys work hard and you have many thousands of lines of code to oversee, but the least you can do is be patient and understanding when a longtime user of your product is having issues. (We've been customers since March 19, 2005 - almost 20 years.) And for God's sake, the FIRST thing you should suggest is to enable debugging. If the forum is not working at all, you can simply edit the line in the config file to display the errors. That would have saved me two days of hair-pulling.
Again, I want to thank you for the update. I'm very pleased with it.