OK good to know the files to look in. I don't have them, haven't yet bought UBB Threads, just reading info so far in these forums & the features list. Was hoping to find something along the lines of a demo-style installation to install on my computer for testing/looking at the whole thing in the "localhost" environment (or at least the Admin/Config portions since this forum here is a decent demo of it) since seeing the layout and working with settings and the functionality is immensely helpful, but I understand that could be very difficult and immensely time consuming to hardcode various limitations in the large number of places that would have to be. If UBB is what I end up going with, I'll use what you've told me here to look through those 3 files for figuring out how difficult/easy it'd be to change the location of the message list. The only other forum software I'm considering is MyBB because it also has Threaded View, which is the 1st/main requirement that I look at before even looking further at a forum software.