I don't believe that it'd really help. InnoDB will write to disk faster,however MyISAM will read from the database faster (which is the majority of your traffic). InnoDB will also restrict your searches to no longer support full-text searches.

Originally Posted by Baldeagle
We have been having problems with excessive accesses for a while. I finally got fed up with it and setup firewalld. I'm now blocking a number of networks.
A Content Delivery Network such as Cloudflare would automatically mitigate most problems and give you the ability to block entire countries with just a few clicks.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!