Analyzing the mail logs for [email protected] (in my first reply above) shows that all the mail ids are unique. This means the problem had to be the forum software, because the mail server was not sending duplicate messages. I have disabled birthday notices until we can figure this out.

I still don't understand how texczech (and other members) becomes the user that sends a birthday email. So, I'll ask again - is there a way for members to trigger a birthday message? Can they click on something to send one? Saying this is a server issue is not helpful.

Also, what is the ubbthreads mechanism for sending the birthday notice? (please provide the precise step by step process for generating one)


The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 8.0.0
Release 20240826
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.11
Web Server Apache/2.4.37
PHP Version 8.3.11
MYSQL Version 8.0.39
Database Size 1.82 GB